The bed bug or Cimex lectularius is an annoying parasite. It is a wingless creature that comes out to feed at night. It generally requires human or animal blood for its meals and for completing its six life stages. If you have been waking up with puffy welts and bites on your skin, or are suspecting bed bug infestation, then the following bed bug quiz can help. Circle the best answer and refer to the answers given at the end of this bedbug quiz. The aim of this bed bug quiz is to help you determine how much you know about bed bugs. After all, being informed is the best way to prepare for bed bug treatment that can give lasting results.
1. Why are bedbugs called ‘bed bugs’?
a. Because they only nest in bedding fibers.
b.Because they eat bedding fibers.
c. Because they feed on the host while s/he is sleeping.
d. Because their bites cause drowsiness.
2. Bed bug bites vs. mosquito bites are very similar. True or False
3. Bed bugs rarely transmit diseases in human beings. True or False
4. Bed bug bites vs. flea bites are very similar. True or False
5. Bed bugs only feed once a week. True or False
6. Bed bugs cannot fly. True or False
7. Bed bugs are least likely to be found in which of the following areas?
b. Frame of a painting hung in the bedroom
c. Kitchen windowsill
8. Bed bugs are known to live up to 18 months without having a blood meal. True or False.
9. You have to spend the night in a swanky motel. You keep your bag:
a. Open on the bed at your feet
b. On a chair or the luggage rack in the room
c. In the bathroom
10. You are safe from bed bugs if you receive house guests only
a. Once a season or so
b. We have a friend staying over every night.
c. Once in two years
11. On a flight you take
a. The pillow and blanket offered by the flight assistant
b. Ick!- No way! I bring my own!
12. You vacuum your home
a. Every couple of days of course!
b. Once in 6 months
c. Only when guests are coming over.
13. You find a beautiful bedside cabinet on the roadside. You
a. Pick it up before anyone else sees it!
b. Yuck-no way! Steer clear of it!
14. You dispose the vacuum bags every time you vacuum
a. Yes of course.
b. No, not every time.
c. I have a bag-less vacuum.
15. Bed bugs are commonly found in:
a. Cracks in the walls
b. In the box springs
c. In the headboard and other bedside furniture
d. All of the above.
16. Which of these is a sure sign of bed bug infestation?
a. Welts and red bites on you and your loved ones.
b. Sweet almond like odor in the sleeping areas.
c. Reddish brown rust-like stains on the edge of mattress, corners of the bedding and pillows.
d. Tiny brown bugs that resemble apple seeds.
e. All of the above
17. Bed bugs are only found in dirty homes, cluttered offices and cheap motels. True or False
18. Bed bug bite symptoms include:
a. Local redness and itching
b. Small puffy white welts
c. Asthma, hives and even hazardous allergic reaction
d. All of the above.
19. The best bed bug bite treatment is
a. Keep scratching your itchy skin-you will get relief eventually.
b. Wash the skin and apply hydrocortisone or other skin soothing ointment containing calamine.
20. Many people do not experience any bed bug bite symptoms at all. True or false
Give yourself 1 point for each correct answer.
More than 15 Points– You are a bed bug hunter! You know bed bugs and the menace they can cause and are on the right track to prevent infestations or get rid of an existing infestation. Do go through this site to learn some more information about the best way to get rid of bed bugs.
Between 10 to 15 points– Not bad! But you need to be cautious. May be your decisions might not be right always which could cause you to unknowingly invite bed bugs into your home. The good news is you are on this site which will give you all the information you need to get rid of bed bugs.
Between 0-10 Points- You need to be careful. Read up all the information on bed bugs available on this site in order to be well informed. Prevention is the best cure when it comes to bed bugs. If you are already suffering from an infestation, do consult a pest control company to help you. An integrated approach is the best bed bug treatment to get rid of them once and for all.